Cricket scorer and c# programmer offering help

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Hiya,

This is a most excellent piece of software.

Do you have any plans to develop this more?  The main thing i was thinking of would be a par-score table for the end of the first innings so that the team batting second knows what they should be at any given time.  If you upload the full project I can have a look at doing that.

Mike

Jul 11, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Ok ignore that request for the new feature, I just wasn't using the software right!

But the offer for help is still there if needed.

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I have uploaded the source code of the latest version. You are free to modify it to your liking.

I do have plans to add more features to it. But I have not learnt enough of C# to implement them as yet. So, I'm considering making this a Win32 API project written in plain-C. Furthermore, I'm in the process of writing a full-featured cricket scoring software with an integrated Duckworth/Lewis calculator. But all of this will probably take some time.

Currently, the biggest issue is keeping this calculator updated to reflect the changes made to the official D/L software. As far as I know, a new version of the D/L method -- WinCODA 3.0 will be released soon. When it becomes available I will try to once again reverse engineer it to find the secret values, and update my software!